Design for Hiking, Pilot, Skiing, No External Antennas are Required.
About Meshtastic: https://meshtastic.org/docs/about
Meshtastic Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/meshtastic
- Credit Card Size All in One Design with Excellent Mechanical Strength – 10cm*5.8cm*1.6cm, ~80g [Info For Geeks]
- High Efficiency Internal Lora PCB Antenna (VSWR < =1.5 @ 915 MHz) which Ensures the Excellent Coverage [Info For Geeks]
- Additional internal Ultra-low noise figure amplifier for Lora receiving Sensitivity Improvement [Info For Geeks]
- Build-in GPS Module, LNA and patch ceramic antenna. GPS, BDS and GLONASS are supported [Info For Geeks]
- Meshtastic Firmware Preinstalled – Current Firmware Version 2.0.0 [Info For Geeks]
Typical RF Performance
|Lora Max RF Output Power||20 dBm|
|Lora External RX Ultra-Low Noise Amplifier (LNA)||Gain = 15.64 dB, Noise Figure = 0.8dB|
|VSWR of Lora PCB Antenna (US Edition)||< =1.5 @ 915 MHz|
|Impedance Bandwidth of Lora PCB Antenna (US Edition)||882 MHz to 935 MHz for VSWR < = 2|
|Positioning And Navigation Module||Build-in GPS Module, LNA and patch ceramic antenna. GPS, BDS and GLONASS are supported|
The Latest Firmware
Meshtastic Mesh Device Nano Edition G1 had been supported by the official meshtastic repository on Github from firmware version 1.2.61. Thus, the latest firmware could be downloaded from the meshtastic project’s releases page:
Firmware file: firmware-nano-g1-1.x.x.bin
The Fimware may also be updated by using Meshtastic GUI Installer. Meshtastic GUI Installer is a cross platform, easy to use GUI for installing Meshtastic firmware.
More Information about the official firmware support: https://meshtastic.org/docs/hardware/supported/nano-g1
Real World Testing
The coverage of this credit card size Lora device was tested in the urban area which full of more than 150m skyscraper towers. In the experiment (TX:20dBm, Freq:915Mhz, Long/Slow), 2000m communication distance had been tested. At the distance of 1800 meters, the device was completely normal. At the distance of 2000 meters, the function of sending messages was still normal, but the device status and location information could not be updated normally.